What Arguing Means To Me


Blog Post 2

Mostly what I have learned about arguments is the technical jargon associated with it, such as the pathos, ethos, etc. In the 29 years I have been alive I feel like I have a pretty broad understanding of what an argument is. 

People can pick out technical aspects of what an argument is all day but when it comes down to it an argument is almost primal instinct in a way, it comes from the core of our being. When we hear someone doesn't believe what we believe, or doesn't agree with what we agree with its in our DNA to challenge that person, a lot of times even physically. 

I feel I had a pretty good understanding of what an argument was coming in to this class, and now we will dive deep into what forms an argument, what makes an argument valid, and how to present your argument in a healthy way. 

But this is just my opinion, if you don't like it... TOUGH.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #5

Violence... Is it alright?